Superset is a data exploration platform designed to be visual, intuitive and interactive.
[this project used to be named Caravel, and Panoramix in the past]
Screenshots & Gifs
View/Edit a Slice
Query and Visualize with SQL Lab
Superset's main goal is to make it easy to slice, dice and visualize data.
It empowers users to perform analytics at the speed of thought.
- A quick way to intuitively visualize datasets by allowing users to create
and share interactive dashboards
- A rich set of visualizations to analyze your data, as well as a flexible
way to extend the capabilities
- An extensible, high granularity security model allowing intricate rules
on who can access which features, and integration with major
authentication providers (database, OpenID, LDAP, OAuth & REMOTE_USER
through Flask AppBuiler)
- A simple semantic layer, allowing to control how data sources are
displayed in the UI, by defining which fields should show up in
which dropdown and which aggregation and function (metrics) are
made available to the user
- Deep integration with Druid allows for Superset to stay blazing fast while
slicing and dicing large, realtime datasets
- Fast loading dashboards with configurable caching
Superset was originally designed on top of Druid.io, but quickly broadened
its scope to support other databases through the use of SQLAlchemy, a Python
ORM that is compatible with
most common databases.
What is Druid?
From their website at http://druid.io
Druid is an open-source analytics data store designed for
business intelligence (OLAP) queries on event data. Druid provides low
latency (real-time) data ingestion, flexible data exploration,
and fast data aggregation. Existing Druid deployments have scaled to
trillions of events and petabytes of data. Druid is best used to
power analytic dashboards and applications.
Installation & Configuration
- Superset Google Group
- Gitter (live chat) Channel
- Docker image (community contributed)
- Slides from Strata (March 2016)
Tip of the Hat
Superset would not be possible without these great frameworks / libs
- Flask App Builder - Allowing us to focus on building the app quickly while
getting the foundation for free
- The Flask ecosystem - Simply amazing. So much Plug, easy play.
- NVD3 - One of the best charting libraries out there
- Much more, check out the
install_requiressection in the setup.py file!
Interested in contributing? Casual hacking? Check out Contributing.MD